New York Jets Final Mock Draft
Here is Fanspeak’s full, final 2013 New York Jets Mock Draft:
9. New York Jets – G Jonathan Cooper, UNC
About the Pick: Cooper is the 2nd best guard in this class, but is still worthy of top 10 consideration. He’s a complete prospect, who offers immediate high level impact, and has a very small bust factor.
Steve’s Take: The Jets could go in a couple different directions but it is tough to argue the value of Jonathan Cooper here. He would be a big boost to the offensive line and help both the running game and passing attack.
13. New York Jets (via Tampa Bay) – OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia Scouting Report
About the Pick: Jones is the best pure pass rusher in this draft class. He’s probably a touch below elite, but should still be considered a top level rusher. He should be good for double digit sacks each season, even as a team’s primary pass rusher. Jones also displays good instincts in run defense and in coverage.
Steve’s Take: With the Jets taking over this selection they will decide from the top edge rushers still on the board. Jones is the best pass rusher still on the board and really should be going much higher, but concerns about his injury/workout could allow him to drop here. This would be a huge win for the Jets though they are likely to consider trade down scenarios.
39. New York Jets- QB Matt Barkley, USC
72. New York Jets- TE Gavin Escobar, San Diego State
106. New York Jets- RB Stephan Taylor, Stanford
141. New York Jets- S Josh Evans, Florida
178. New York Jets- S Robert Lester, Alabama
215. New York Jets- ILB Steve Beauharnis, Rutgers