More Tools: 2018 Team Needs Sim / NFL Power Rankings Sim
Have you ever watched your favorite NFL team's offseason and thought to yourself that you could do a better job? Well now you can with Fanspeak's Manage the Cap Free Agency Simulator!
Manage the Cap allows you to make all the crucial free agent decisions your team makes every season. You can cut and restructure contracts, re-sign your own players or use a Franchise tag on them, and finally during the "10 days of free agency" you can compete vs the computer controlled teams to sign the best free agents available to fix your team.
Here's how it works:
- Select your team.
- Re-sign and cut players from your current roster. Not every player will be available to re-sign or cut, but use this page to create the cap space you need to re-sign your players and sign other free agents. Be wary of the cap implications of various moves.
- Re-sign your impending free agents and use Franchise and Transition tags on those that you can't come to terms with.
- Start the 10 days of free agency! Each day put in offers of players that you hope to sign and advance to the next day to see if you landed the player.
- Don't hesitate too long to get your offers in with top free agents as 31 computer controlled teams will be putting in offers as well
- Remember it is just a ten day window of free agency so after that time is up you won't have a chance to make any more offers or counter-offers
- Play again! With 31 computer controlled teams there will be plenty of variability to each scenario. Players who you signed as free agents, might not even hit the market the next time you play.