As an NBA fan you might think that you know all that there is to know about the game, the players, and the sport and have no need for extra info or tools and tips. You might be sure that you know your stuff inside out and that there is absolutely nothing left for you to discover. Well let me tell you something, you would be wrong! Whether you like watching the game live or on television or just taking a bet on the outcomes we have compiled a small selection of some of the weird, wonderful, crazy, bizarre, and unbelievable facts and figures that you can then use to dazzle and impress your friends with next time you are watching or betting! If you feel like having a flutter, then read this Betway review to learn more about one of the most popular betting sites in the world!
- When we think of basketball players, we usually think of giant, tall men with long limbs but this is not always the case! Did you know that the shortest player to take part in the NBA was only 5ft3? His name was Muggsy Bogues and he played for the Washington Bullets!
- Did you know that the legendary Dave DeBusschere was a multi-talented sportsman with many strings to his bow? As well as being a great basketball player, he also played Major League Baseball as a pitcher with the Chicago White Sox!
- Kobe Bryant has a middle name and it is a little on the unusual side- it is Bean! I wonder what his parents were thinking.
- At the other end of the height scale, one particular player- Manute Bol was an impressive 7ft7 and weighed only 200lbs!
- Despite playing in 12 All Star games in a row, scoring 20 points each game, and generally ust being incredible- Elvin Hayes NEVER had the honour of winning an MVP! What a travesty!
- Did you know that Isiah Thomas whilst playing for the Detroit Pistons, managed the incredible feat of scoring 16 points in a cool 94 seconds? Impressive as this was, unfortunately his team went on to lose the game overall, against the New York Knicks.
- In the season of 1957-1958, George Yardley who was playing for the Detroit Falcons managed to score an amazing 2001 points over the whole season.
- Did you know that the ‘T’ in Shawn T. Kemp does not stand for anything at all? It is just an initial!
- A man named Bob Voulgaris made a career based on his lucky streak in gambling. He started betting in the early 90’s and by his 20th birthday he had won himself an absolute fortune through betting up to $1 million a day on NBA, but this was soon to change. His winning streak disappeared and within the first three months of the 2003-2004 season, he lost over 1/3 of his fortune. If you fancy trying your luck and hopefully without losing 1/3 of your bank balance, then check out this popular Canadian online gambling site.
We hope you enjoyed our selection of random facts and if you do decide to have a flutter, we wish you the best of luck!