NFL Power Rankings: Week 7
1. Steelers- Roethlisberger looked fine in his debut, and Pittsburgh continued to roll. Now with a passing attack to go along with their ground game and defense, I’m not sure how you stop them.
2. Jets- The Jets are 5-0 after their opening week loss to the Ravens, and are showing a tough (albeit not great) D and a strong running game. Sanchez has improved this year, but still has had some bad weeks.
3. Ravens- Baltimore might have two losses, but neither are a blow out and this team is balanced and ready to play.
4. Colts- Indy might have two losses, but they still look like one of the most dangerous teams in the NFL. Manning is having another incredible year and could lead this team back to the Super Bowl.
5. Patriots- New England might only have 1 loss, but I’m still not believing in this team sans Moss. The Patriots look okay now, but can they sustain it?
6. Saints- This isn’t last year’s Saints team, but they still have plenty of offensive firepower, the question going forward is can that defense hold up?
7. Titans- Tennessee has the running game and defense down pat, but they still need consistent performances from their quarterback.
8. Texans- Houston has some holes in their pass defense, but have a fantastic running game and passing attack.
9. Falcons- Atlanta is a very good team, but to be a contender you have got to win some tough ones on the road, and they looked over matched last week.
10. Eagles- Philly has two quarterbacks that could start for most teams in the league, and an impressive offense. The loss of Jackson hurts them though if he is out for an extended period.
11. Giants- New York is hotter than Philly right now, but the Eagles have the more talented team. Either way these two teams should be fighting for the division.
12. Chiefs- The Chiefs came extremely close to beating both the Colts and the Texans, but in the end couldn’t pull it out. Overall they are a good team but still have a few big holes.
13. Packers– Green Bay roster is beginning to look like an infirmary, but they still have Aaron Rodgers at the helm and that will keep them competitive.
14. Dolphins- Miami is 3-2 and has looked pretty good thus far. Their two losses have come to divisional foes and they almost upset the Jets. They are still a developing team, but the future looks bright.
15. Redskins- Washington is 3-3 and have done a good job of playing up to their opponents. Their defense has some major holes in it, and their offense is incomplete, but they are still in games.
16. Bears- Not addressing their offensive line issues this offseason has come back to bite the Bears hard. They have a good defense and a number of playmakers, but their o-line will hold them back.
17. Vikings- It hasn’t been pretty this year in Minnesota, but their defense has held up. The question remains is how will Favre’s arm hold up for the rest of the year?
18. Seahawks- Seattle isn’t the most impressive team in the NFL, but they have put together some nice games. And should remain in the West race.
19. Bengals- Cincinnati needs to figure out what is going wrong, because the talent is there with this team.
20. Broncos- Denver’s offense is looking good, unfortunately their defense can’t really stop anyone.
21. Cardinals- Arizona is relying on an undrafted rookie, but they have the talent around him to pile up a few wins.
22. Buccaneers- Tampa has a bright, bright future ahead of them, but that defense has not been able to stop top notch offenses.
23. Rams- St. Louis lives and dies with Bradford, as he has put together some good games, and some ugly games. They (Bradford esp.) seem to play much better at home, so it will be interesting to see how they end up with their road record for the year.
24. Cowboys- They might only have 1 win, but I wouldn’t count the Cowboys out just yet. They have so much talent, but no discipline or gameplan.
25. Chargers– San Diego’s defense is letting them down big time, and could keep them from a return trip to the playoffs.
26. Lions- Detroit lost another quarterback, but Stafford should be back now. Their defense has some issues, but that offense can score with anyone.
27. 49ers- San Francisco finally got a win, but they still aren’t playing up to their talent.
28. Browns- Cleveland is starting to show some semblance of an offense going forward, now they just need a defense to step up.
29. Jaguars– Jacksonville is 3-3, but with Garrard possibly injured for a couple of weeks (maybe less) their situation is pretty ugly.
30. Raiders- Oakland has some talent they just need to put it all together.
31. Panthers- It looks as though they rushed Clausen, hopefully it doesn’t do long term damage to the kid.
32. Bills- Why this team didn’t improve at quarterback or the offensive line this offseason is beyond me.