NFL Draft Defensive Player Rankings
- Click here for all your NFL Draft Needs - FANSPEAK'S NFL DRAFT PAGE!
Remember LIVE Draft Chat on Fanspeak.com during entire NFL Draft weekend!
1. Martez Wilson, Illinois- 1st-2nd round (also ranked as an OLB)
2. Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina- 2nd round
3. Greg Jones, Michigan State- 3rd round
4. Colin McCarthy, Miami- 3rd-4th round
5. Nate Irving, North Carolina St.- ...more
- 1. Eric Berry- Berry is not only the best safety in this draft class, but the best player overall. He could play free safety, strong safety and could probably even lineup at cornerback. His coverage skills are maybe the best of any safety in the last decade. Berry shouldn't make it out of the top ...more
- 1. Joe Haden- Haden has some competition in this draft class, but he still remains the top corner in this group. There are some concerns with his speed and preparation for the Combine, but really that is nitpicking on a top prospect. On film Haden time and again showed he was an elite cornerback prospect. Haden is ...more
- These rankings are based on how a player projects as a rush linebacker in the 3-4 defense. Players like Brandon Graham, Jason Pierre-Paul, and Ricky Sapp were covered in the defensive end rankings.
1. Jerry Hughes- Hughes is the best pure rush linebacker in this draft. His speed and athleticism is unmatched in this class. While ...more
- Defensive Tackles: These are primary 4-3 Defensive tackles or 3-4 nose tackles:
1. Ndamukong Suh- Suh is the best defensive tackle in this draft class and rivals Eric Berry as being the best overall player. Suh is equally capable of disrupting both the passing and running game. His strength is stopping the run, but he can ...more
- Defensive Ends: Note these are linemen who will primarily play Defensive end in a 4-3 or 3-4. Some might end up being moved to rush linebacker or even defensive tackle, but end is their primary position. Other guys who are rush linebackers or DT's primarily weren't included in these rankings.
1. Derrick Morgan- Morgan is a ...more