Scouting Reports: S Jamal Adams
S Jamal Adams, LSU
6’0”, 214 lbs.
- Versatile safety prospect capable of playing FS, SS, slot corner or even as a dime linebacker. Also capable in any role for those various positions.
- Excellent in run support, reads plays quickly and comes up to make the stop.
- Two-year starter and played significantly all three seasons at LSU at a high level.
- Good size and long arms.
- Solid athletic profile, capable of running with tight ends and covering ground as a safety.
- Good all-around cover guy, with solid ball skills, good anticipation, and man cover skills.
- One of the more NFL ready prospects in this class, should face little adjustment to the next level.
- Can be too aggressive at times biting on play-action.
- Lacks elite speed, not a big knock as few safeties have that.
Adams is one of the top prospects at any position in this draft class and he has the chance to be an impact safety at the next level. He’s a true jack-of-all trades type of safety as you can use him in a variety of roles depending on what your team needs or to match-up versus a particular offense. Adams plays every role at such a high level, that it’s tough to find much to really be concerned about with him.
He’s one of the safest prospects in this class which should help him go in the top 10 picks and possibly the top five. While that is typically high for a safety, Adams has the chance to be the impact player that makes that pick worth it. There is little that really needs to be developed in his game so he is a true plug and play guy who can be a fit for any team.