2016 NFL Draft Scouting Report: S Jalen Ramsey
S/CB Jalen Ramsey- Florida State:
- Track and football athlete at FSU, with just incredible speed and explosion to go along with excellent agility and acceleration.
- Incredibly versatile player who has played outside corner, slot corner and safety in three years as a starter at Florida State.
- Long player with long arms, can fit perfectly for a team as a press cover corner.
- Diagnoses plays quickly and has incredible range and pursuit angles that would be perfect at free safety.
- Quick feet and agility to go along with a good break on the ball which can help him when working in the slot.
- Excellent defending jump balls, he should really be able to match-up well vs tall receivers and tight ends.
- Has excellent technique and nuances for both the corner and safety positions.
- Sure tackler, who does a nice job in the open field.
- Has the potential to be elite at either corner or safety.
- His press coverage can be inconsistent at times
- Given that he has played multiple roles in college, he might need a little time to focus on a particular position.
Ramsey is one of the elite talents in this draft and he could be a starting corner or safety depending on what a particular team is looking for. He’s a very safe pick given his versatility and natural talent level. He should be able to contribute at a nice level as a rookie, and should quickly become a difference maker.
Ramsey has everything you could ask for in a corner or safety, and really is the entire package. He’s got excellent size and length, to go along with elite speed/quickness/and explosion. He already displays a lot of advanced/quality technique and instincts. Simply put Ramsey is a fantastic football player and he is a lock for the top 5 in the draft.