Final San Diego Chargers Mock Draft
Here is Fanspeak’s full, final 2013 San Diego Chargers Mock Draft:
11. San Diego Chargers – OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama
About the Pick: Fluker is a rare case of a tackle who is the dreaded “right tackle only”, being considered for not just a top 50 pick, but legitimately a top 20 pick. He probably could never switch to the left side, but he offers big potential as a right tackle. He’s extremely physical and can just blow defenders off the line, with both strength and massive arms.
Steve’s Take: The Chargers have to rebuild their offensive line if they have any hope of getting back into contention and getting Phillip Rivers back to a top level status. Fluker may not be the LT they are hoping for, but he offers a big improvement and start to their offensive line rebuild.
45. San Diego Chargers- CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State
76. San Diego Chargers- DE Margus Hunt, SMU
110. San Diego Chargers- OT Jordan Mills, Louisiana Tech
145. San Diego Chargers- LB Keith Pough, Howard
179. San Diego Chargers- DT Gilbert Pena, Ole Miss
221. San Diego Chargers- WR Alec Lemon, Syracuse
-Offensive line is a big need for the Chargers and I expect them to select at least two linemen within their first four picks. Fluker and Mills give the Chargers two capable tackles, though Fluker is probably just a right tackle, so it means that Mills needs to develop into a left tackle option (he could also possibly kick-inside as well). Later I like the Chargers to add a corner after losing both of their starters from a year ago. Margus Hunt is a guy who could slip given his age and lack of certainty, but he’s got an extremely high upside.