Barkevious Mingo Scouting Report
OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU Scouting Report
Arm Length: 33 3/4”
Hand: 9 5/8”
40 Time: 4.58
- Top notch pass rusher who is capable of getting lots of penetration off the edge
- Great first step
- Long, athletic rusher with the frame to add some additional weight if needed
- Really good tackler, can play the run as well
- Strong at the point of attack
- Effective in coverage, can cover most tight ends and running backs.
- Was not very productive in college, despite his skill set and talent around him
- Would disappear for long stretches
- Questionable work ethic and motor
Mingo on paper looks like a top 5 pick, and he does definitely have that upside. On the downside he’s a bit riskier of a prospect, as a guy who will under perform and bust. Too often he would get penetration, but wouldn’t actually get to the quarterback in college, versus better competition and against more veteran quarterbacks, Mingo will need to do more. Though the lack of production isn’t a deal breaker it does add more concerns and will probably have him slip into more the mid first round. The big question for Mingo may be the interview process, if teams believe he’ll work hard and reach his potential then he’s well worth a top 10 or even top 5 pick. Given his skill set, I do think some team will fall in love with him and draft him higher.