2012 NFL Mock Draft (Willy): Round 1, Picks 17-32, 3/9
17. Cincinnati Bengals (via Oakland)- RB Trent Richardson, Alabama:
-This really is a dream scenario for the Bengals, as they land their top target with this pick.
18. San Diego Chargers- OT Mike Adams, Ohio State:
The Chargers entire offensive line could basically use an upgrade. landing a tackle like Adams would be a coup for them.
19. Chicago Bears- DE Quinton Coples, UNC:
-This pick is dependant on if the Bears can fill their WR need in free agency, but if they do Coples is a fantastic pick for them. He give s them a great bookend rusher and a great piece for the future.
20. Tennessee Titans- SS Mark Barron, Alabama:
The Titans could be losing both of their starting safties, so replacing them would be a top priority. Barron is the top safety in this class and would be a great addition here for the Titans.
21. Cincinnati Bengals- CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama:
-This would be a steal for the Bengals as CB is one of their biggest needs, and Jenkins is probably a top 15 talent.
22. St. Louis Rams (via Cleveland/Atlanta)- Kendall Wright, Baylor:
-The Rams could consider a defensive tackle here, but i think they will find a weapon for Sam Bradford with this pick. Wright is a nice value, and fans shouldn’t be worried about his ‘down combine numbers’, that is well overblown and shouldn’t be a concern.
23. Detroit Lions- OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford:
The Lions have some serious offensive line questions plaguing them this offseason and Martin would answer one of them. Matt Stafford should be lobbing the Lions hard for this pick, and I can’t see them passing him up.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers- ILB Don’ta Hightower, Alabama :
-The Steelers could look to move back here and stockpile picks, but they will highly consider adding a top inside linebacker to replace James Farrior.
25. Denver Broncos- DT Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State:
-The Broncos could look at some other areas, but I think grabbing one of the top DT’s would be key for them.
26. Houston Texans- C Peter Konz, Wisconsin:
The Texans could go receiver, but if they lose star center Chris Myers to free agency, they could grab Konz here. The Texans offensive line is their strength, and they can’t take a chance by letting it weaken too much.
27. New England Patriots (via New Orleans)- DE/OLB Nick Perry, USC:
-The Pats need to focus on defense here and adding a pass rusher is key. Both Andre Carter and Mark Anderson had big years for them, but both are free agents and both are older veterans. Adding some youth here is key, and a player like Perry who could fit either odd or even man fronts is a bonus.
28. Green Bay Packers: OLB Whitney Mercilus, Illinois:
The Packers have to come away from this draft with a pass rusher, and Mercilus is a nice fit here. He’d be a solid complement to Matthews.
29. Baltimore Ravens- DT Devon Still, Penn State:
The Ravens could be losing Cory Redding in free agency and they could use another force along that defensive line to pair up with Ngata. Baltimore has bigger needs at this point, but Still is too much of a value to pass up.
30. San Francisco 49ers- WR Rueben Randle, LSU:
The 49ers need to add weapons to their offense, and Randle is the top WR on the board at this point..
31. New England Patriots: DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State:
-The Pats interior line is a bit soft after Vince Wilfork, so adding a complementary piece is key.
32. New York Giants- TE Coby Fleener, Stanford:
-The Giants top two TE’s both needed offseason surgery making them big question marks for next year. Look for the Giants to decide between Fleener and Clemson’s Dwayne Allen.