Scouting Report – DE/OLB Andre Branch
March 6, 2012
2012 NFL DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
DE/OLB Andre Branch:
Weight: 259 lbs.
- Quick off the snap, and lives in the offensive backfield
- Versatile player; looks capable of playing either end or rush linebacker
- Very good speed, both in edge rushing and pursuit
- Uses his long arms to gain leverage and disengage from linemen
- Very good at getting off blocks
- Unselfish player, even when not getting to the QB, he helps push the pocket
- Uses more than a speed rush to get after the QB
- A tweener; always played DE, but has better size for OLB
- Inconsistent versus the run
- Would need to add weight to keep up with OT’s
- Can be a little streaky
I like what Branch brings to the table with his speed, long arms, and variety of pass rush moves, but where does he fit? He’s a natural fit in a wide 9 system. Outside of that though, it is unclear how he’ll be in pass coverage or against the run at the next level. While his pass rush ability outweighs those concerns to a degree, they are enough of a question that could keep him out of the top 40 picks.
For more Scouting Reports, check out the Fanspeak NFL Draft Guide!