2012 NFL Mock Draft (Willy): Round 1, Picks 17-32, 2/24
Round 1, Picks 17-32, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4, Round 5, Round 6, Draft Blog, NFL Draft Page,Senior Bowl Coverage
Steveo’s Mock Draft w/trades: Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4
17. Cincinnati Bengals (via Oakland)- RB Trent Richardson, Alabama:
-This really is a dream scenario for the Bengals, as they land their top target with this pick.
18. San Diego Chargers- OT Mike Adams, Ohio State:
The Chargers entire offensive line could basically use an upgrade. landing a tackle like Adams would be a coup for them.
19. Chicago Bears- WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame:
-WR is a huge priority to the Bears, and they should be expected to bring in at least 2 this offseason.
20. Tennessee Titans- SS Mark Barron, Alabama:
The Titans could be losing both of their starting safties, so replacing them would be a top priority. Barron is the top safety in this class and would be a great addition here for the Titans.
21. Cincinnati Bengals- CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama:
-This would be a steal for the Bengals as CB is one of their biggest needs, and Jenkins is probably a top 15 talent.
22. Cleveland Browns (via Atlanta)- WR Rueben Randle, LSU:
-If they land their QB in Griffin, their next target will probably to land a top receiver for him. Randle is moving into the first round discussion and would be a nice receiver to team up with Greg Little.
23. Detroit Lions- C Peter Konz, Wisconsin:
The Lions have some serious offensive line questions plaguing them this offseason and Konz would answer one of them. Matt Stafford should be lobbing the Lions hard for this pick, and I can’t see them passing him up.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers- G/T Cordy Glenn, Georgia:
-Glenn has looked impressive during the Senior Bowl coverage, and would be a nice addition to a Steelers line that looks to be a mess right now. Glenn could start at either guard or tackle and would mark the 3rd straight year a rookie was expected to start for their offensive line.
25. Denver Broncos- DT Devon Still, Penn State:
-The Broncos could look at some other areas, but I think grabbing one of the top DT’s would be key for them.
26. Houston Texans- WR Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers:
The Texans need a receiver to complement Andre Johnson, and Sanu would be a nice fit for them. Adding a receiver like Sanu could be huge for this offense and really make them into a balanced attack that is basically impossible to stop.
27. New England Patriots (via New Orleans)- DE/OLB Nick Perry, USC:
-The Pats need to focus on defense here and adding a pass rusher is key. Both Andre Carter and Mark Anderson had big years for them, but both are free agents and both are older veterans. Adding some youth here is key, and a player like Perry who could fit either odd or even man fronts is a bonus.
28. Green Bay Packers: OLB Whitney Mercilus, Illinois:
The Packers have to come away from this draft with a pass rusher, and Mercilus is a nice fit here. He’d be a solid complement to Matthews.
29. Baltimore Ravens- ILB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State:
The Ravens can fill McClain’s spot here, and have the heir apparent to Lewis.
30. San Francisco 49ers- G Brandon Washington, Miami:
The 49ers O-line should be bolstered this offseason and Washington is moving up draft boards. It could be a slight reach, but they won’t see his level of talent when their next pick comes up.
31. New England Patriots: DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State:
-The Pats interior line is a bit soft after Vince Wilfork, so adding a complementary piece is key.
32. New York Giants- TE Coby Fleener, Stanford:
-The Giants top two TE’s both needed offseason surgery making them big question marks for next year. Look for the Giants to decide between Fleener and Clemson’s Dwayne Allen.