San Diego Chargers: Offseason Needs
Click here for all your NFL Draft Needs – FANSPEAK’S NFL DRAFT PAGE! Remember LIVE Draft Chat on Fanspeak.com during entire NFL Draft weekend!
Rd 1, Pick 18 (18)
Rd 2, Pick 18 (50)
Rd 2, Pick 29 (61)
Rd 3, Pick 18 (82)
Rd 3, Pick 25 (89)
Rd 6, Pick 18 (183)
Rd 6, Pick 36 (201)
Rd 7, Pick 31 (234)
1. Defensive End: The Chargers defensive ends are probably collectively the weakest part of their defense. If San Diego can add a highly rated player with their first couple of picks I expect them to jump at the chance.
2. OLB: Larry English hasn’t worked out like planned and Antwan Barnes is an impending free agent. San Diego needs to find a complement to Shaun Phillips and should look for an answer early in the draft.
3. Wide Receiver: While Vincent Jackson was Franchised and isn’t going anywhere, Malcolm Floyd and Legedu Naanee could very well be wearing new uniforms next season. San Diego should look to add at least one receiver early in the draft.
4. Right Tackle: San Diego has a strong offensive line overall, but their Right Tackle position is their Achilles heel. Look for the Chargers to use one of their 5 top 90 picks on a right tackle, to further improve their high powered offense.
5. Depth: The Chargers have a strong starting unit and decent depth, but they could use some young players at just about every position.
The Chargers are in a good position with few needs and 5 picks in the top 90 picks. I would not be shocked to see the Chargers either move up in the first round or package some of their 2nd and 3rd round picks to acquire another 1st rounder.