Miami Dolphins: Offseason Needs
Click here for all your NFL Draft Needs – FANSPEAK’S NFL DRAFT PAGE! Remember LIVE Draft Chat on Fanspeak.com during entire NFL Draft weekend!
Rd 1, Pick 15 (15)
Rd 3, Pick 15 (79)
Rd 4, Pick 14 (111)
Rd 5, Pick 15 (146)
Rd 6, Pick 14 (179)
Rd 7, Pick 14 (217)
Rd 7, Pick 15 (218)
Rd 7, Pick 32 (235)
1. Running back: Right now the Dolphins don’t really have a running back on their roster as Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown are both free agents, and can no longer really carry the load for them.
2. OLB: The Dolphins have Cameron Wake at one rush linebacker position, but if they have the chance to add another elite talent they might look to upgrade from Koa Misi on the other side.
3. OG: Miami could use an interior lineman, and while I don’t think it’s a huge need, the Dolphins are rumored to be highly interested in grabbing someone in the early.
4. QB: The Dolphins are quickly realizing that Chad Henne isn’t the answer for Miami. The Dolphins could look for a QB in rounds 1 or 3, but they might have to wait till free agency to address this need.
5. Safety: Miami has decent starting safeties but right now there isn’t much depth at the position. This could be a mid-late round priority for the Dolphins.
6. WR: Miami is set with their starting 2 WR’s, but beyond them the depth chart is pretty weak. A mid-late round receiver would be good value here and give Miami the Weapons to compete on offense.
7. Tight End: The Dolphins have gotten by with Anthony Fasano, but he is hardly a top starter in this league. Given the number of quality pass catchers in this class, Miami can use a late round pick and still get some solid potential.
The Dolphins have some serious needs on offense, but are hampered by not having a 2nd round pick. Also hurting the Dolphins is the fact that their biggest needs (RB, QB, and OG) don’t matchup with their current draft position. Look for Miami to trade back to try and acquire a couple of extra picks to fill these needs.