2012 NFL Draft Scouting Report – QB Robert Griffin III:
- Incredibly strong arm, which advanced deep ball accuracy
- Excellent speed and athleticism
- Very good overall accuracy
- Smart, intelligent quarterback
- Fearless when facing pressure
- Despite his speed, Griffin is still a passer first
- Can make all the NFL throws
- Comes from a spread system, that was fairly simplistic
- Had a lot of one or two read plays in the system, didn’t have to make many progressions
- Size is on the smaller side, can he hold up for an entire season in the NFL?
- Needs to work at being more consistent when throwing on the run
Though Robert Griffin might not be Andrew Luck, but he is a very talented quarterback in his own right. While he is less of a finished product, Griffin’s maturity and work ethic, make him a safer bet (than most) to reaching his ultimate potential. Griffin’s success will be determined primarily with how he develops as a pocket passer, but whatever team selects him would be wise to utilize his athletic skill set.