2012 NFL DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
DE Nick Perry:
DE Nick Perry
Weight: 271 lbs.
- Explosive first step, forces quite a few tackles to chase him
- Very good athlete; added weight to his frame since the season and carries it well
- Great speed, can chase down QB’s and ball carriers from behind
- Versatile; can play DE or standup at OLB
- Solid anchor versus the run.
- Good motor, chases down plays down the field
- A bit streaky; disappeared in some games and took over other ones
- Lacks discipline at maintaining the edge
- Needs to take better angles
- Lacksa variety of pass rush moves
- Can he hold up as an OLB at the next level? Used to playing with his hand down, leaving the conversion somewhat of a question.
Perry has been a fast riser this draft season, and with his size/strength combo and potential, it is easy to see why. The lack of production and questions about his consistency and how advanced his game is, does make him harder to read. He might fit best (now with the added weight) as a 4-3 end, but 3-4 teams could be interested as well. He still looks like a first round pick, though the risk is higher than most potential first rounders.