Click here for all your NFL Draft Needs – FANSPEAK’S NFL DRAFT PAGE! Remember LIVE Draft Chat on Fanspeak.com during entire NFL Draft weekend!
Rd 2, Pick 16 (48)
Rd 3, Pick 17 (81)
Rd 4, Pick 16 (113)
Rd 5, Pick 17 (148)
Rd 6, Pick 16 (181)
Rd 7, Pick 16 (219)
Rd 7, Pick 38 (241)
1. Guard: The Raiders are likely to part ways with Robert Gallery when free agency starts, so finding a replacement is a must. Oakland could look into taking a guard with their 2nd rounder (which is their top pick).
2. Right Tackle: The Raiders offensive line was pretty bad last season (last couple of seasons) so finding a starting quality tackle should be an early priority for Oakland.
3. Center: Samson Satele will be a free agent this offseason, which adds another hole to Oakland’s already porous offensive line. Finding a replacement early in the draft could be possible.
4. Tight End: Zach Miller is a free agent this offseason and since he led the Raiders in yards, receptions and touchdowns, Oakland needs to draft a replacement for him.
5. Corner back: Oakland will likely lose the services of star corner Nnamdi Asomugha this offseason, which will leave a major hole on defense. The Raiders should look to take 1 or 2 corners from this deep draft class to help replace his production. There won’t be an easy fix for them, so I think picking two guys later in the draft is a more sound strategy than using their 2nd rounder.
6. WR: The Raiders have put a lot of picks into this position over the years and a couple (Louis Murphy and Jacoby Ford) have begun to workout. Unfortunately, Oakland’s receiving corps is still pretty thin. Look for them to take a guy with exceptional speed and athleticism late in the draft to add to their talent.
7. Quarterback: Bruce Gradkowski is a free agent, and Jason Campbell will be one after this season. The Raiders might look into drafting a late round QB with hopes that he can develop behind Campbell this season.
The Raiders really began to improve last season and with some improvements to their offensive line they really could be in good shape this year. Jason Campbell isn’t a star, but if Oakland can give him time I think they will be quite happy with him. The Raiders defense isn’t great, especially with the loss of Asomugha, but they have a strong front 7 and potentially a decent secondary.