Click here for all your NFL Draft Needs – FANSPEAK’S NFL DRAFT PAGE! Remember LIVE Draft Chat on Fanspeak.com during entire NFL Draft weekend!
Rd 1, Pick 16 (16)
Rd 2, Pick 17 (49)
Rd 3, Pick 16 (80)
Rd 4, Pick 17 (114)
Rd 4, Pick 24 (121)
Rd 5, Pick 16 (147)
Rd 6, Pick 17 (182)
1. Defensive End: The Jaguars probably should double dip at this position as their ends didn’t get any production last season. Look for Jacksonville to grab one end early in the draft, and take another in the mid-late rounds.
2. Free safety: Jacksonville parted ways with Reggie Nelson last season, and have yet to find a longterm solution. Jacksonville could look for an answer in the 2nd or third round.
3. Strong Safety: The Jags strong safety situation really isn’t that much better than their free safety situation. I think this is another position Jacksonville looks to double up on in this draft and they could have both of their safeties by the 4th round.
4. Quarterback: David Garrard had a nice year last year, but he has been a streaky player of late and not the longterm solution for Jacksonville. The Jags could look to use a mid-rounder on a potential future signal caller.
5. Wide Receiver: Mike Sims-Walker days as a Jaguar are numbered, which severely thins out the depth chart for Jacksonville.
Jacksonville needs to improve their defense both along their defensive line and at the safety position. If Jacksonville can find some high level defensive talent, this team is capable of competing. I could see them jumping up a few selections to draft a DE in the first round, but my guess is they stay where they are and take the best DE available.