Click here for all your NFL Draft Needs – FANSPEAK’S NFL DRAFT PAGE! Remember LIVE Draft Chat on Fanspeak.com during entire NFL Draft weekend!
Rd 1, Pick 2 (2)
Rd 2, Pick 4 (36)
Rd 2, Pick 14 (46)
Rd 3, Pick 3 (67)
Rd 6, Pick 21 (186)
Rd 6, Pick 24 (189)
Rd 7, Pick 44 (247)
1. Defensive Tackle: The Broncos are making the switch to a 4-3 defense, and don’t have much in the way of personnel to handle the switch. While The Broncos have needs all over their defense, defensive tackle is their biggest overall need. They have pretty much zero in the way of defensive tackles. Look for the Broncos to grab at least two tackles in this draft.
2. Defensive End: Elvis Dumervil should be a star at one DE position, but the Broncos don’t have anything across from him. Denver should look to add a defensive end early in this draft to help put pressure on the quarterback.
3. OLB: D.J. Williams will handle one outside linebacker position, but there isn’t anything on the other side of him. The Broncos need a strong side linebacker to complement Williams.
4. MLB: The Broncos don’t have any talent at the middle linebacking spot, and need to find a real longterm starter.
5. Corner back: Champ Bailey resigned and will handle one corner back spot, but across from him the Broncos need a longterm answer opposite Bailey.
6. Safety: The Broncos safeties are average at best so Denver could look to an upgrade in the middle rounds this year.
7. Running back: Knowshon Moreno hasn’t turned into the feature back the Broncos were hoping for. While the Broncos won’t write off Moreno just yet, they should look to add another back to their depth chart.
8. Quarterback: The Broncos might have drafted Tim Tebow last year, but their front office and coaching staff doesn’t have any allegiance to him like their old staff might have. He doesn’t seem to be the type of Quarterback John Elway would look for, so don’t be surprised if Denver adds a QB at some point during the draft.
9. Tight End: While John Fox hasn’t utilized tight ends too much in his history, he needs to find a better option than what is currently on their roster. Fox’s philosophy could change given the fact that John Elway knows first hand how valuable a premier pass catching tight end can be.
The Broncos have a number of needs and 4 picks in the top 67, so they could be quite the mover and shaker in this draft. Don’t be shocked if Denver looks to move out of their top pick and stock pile additional selections in the mid-late rounds. Regardless of where they pick, the Broncos need to focus on rebuilding their defense with their early picks, and try to pick up offensive value late in the draft.