Philadelphia Eagles: Offseason Needs
Click here for all your NFL Draft Needs – FANSPEAK’S NFL DRAFT PAGE! Remember LIVE Draft Chat on Fanspeak.com during entire NFL Draft weekend!
Rd 1, Pick 23 (23)
Rd 2, Pick 22 (54)
Rd 3, Pick 21 (85)
Rd 4, Pick 7 (104)
Rd 4, Pick 23 (120)
Rd 5, Pick 18 (149)
Rd 5, Pick 22 (153)
Rd 7, Pick 24 (227)
Rd 7, Pick 34 (237)
Rd 7, Pick 37 (240)
1. Corner back: The Eagles secondary suffered a major loss when Ellis Hobbs went down with a career threatening injury. While the Eagles have decent backup corners, none of them seem like good fits to take over a starting role making this a major need for them.
2. Right Tackle: Winston Justice just isn’t starting quality material, particularly when the blind side is on the right side now. Look for the Eagles to add a RT early in the draft or via free agency.
3. Right Guard: Max Jean-Giles is an impending free agent, and there is little in the way of depth behind him.
4. OLB: If Stewart Bradley isn’t resigned this could be two OLB’s that are needed, as right now their projected starting linebackers are basically league average.
5. RB: Jerome Harrison is a free agent, and the Eagles were in the market for a bigger back complement to L. McCoy anyways. Look for them to add a late round power back to their mix.
6. QB: Kevin Kolb will be traded whenever free agency starts, meaning that the Eagles could use a backup quarterback. They might wait till free agency for a more experienced option, but a signal caller needs to be added.
The Eagles have some major needs along the offensive line, at corner back and outside linebacker, but beyond those this is a very well built team. With a few extra picks to play with and little in the way of needs, don’t be surprised if the Eagles move up in the draft to grab a player they want.