As you guys have already heard, earlier this morning the New York Jets have let Rex Ryan know that he will not be back for the 2015 football season. I am not shocked, but I am still upset by the move. I would have loved to see what Rex could have done with a consistent quarterback,
Here a few guys I think the Jets should target for their future head coach. It should definitely be an offensive minded guy since the Jets have a solid defense in place.
1) Denver Broncos Offensive Coordinator Adam Gase:
As a Jets fan, this is a guy I want the most. He is very young and was some of the top head coaching candidates last year. I think this recent he grew even more and is ready for the next step. Sure he has a lot of weapons but he has done a great job making sure the ball gets around to everyone. Eric Decker I am sure would love this move as well.
2) Seattle Seahawks Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell:
Not to be mistaken with Darren Rovell, I think this would be a solid hire as well for the Jets. He won a super bowl, and Seattle has had a pretty solid offense over the last few years. Bevell was also a top head coaching candidate last year.
3) Indianapolis Colts Offensive Coordinator Pep Hamilton:
I am not sure if Pep Hamilton is ready to be a head coach. He was a Stanford guy under Harbaugh and Shaw and the Jets targeting him as an offensive coordinator candidate a few years back. The Colts have had one of the best offenses in the league since he has been there. He also was a Jet assistant coach in 2003-2005.
1) Stanford Head Coach Brian Shaw: This would be an awesome hire by the Jets and maybe they will strike gold like the Niners did with Harbaugh for his 4 years there. Many believe Shaw could make the jump to the NFL.
2) Texas A&M Head Coach Kevin Sumlin: Sumlin is great at working with quarterbacks and that is something the Jets desperately need. This would be an interesting hire but to me, the least likely to happen.