2013 NBA Mock Draft
December 13, 2012 in Mock drafts
2013 NBA Mock Draft: Updated: 4/16/2013
1)Charlotte Bobcats- SG Ben McLemore, Kansas, Fr.
– Bobcats need a young scorer they can build around. He will be a great piece to team up with last year’s first round pick Kidd-Gilchrist.
2)Orlando Magic- PG Marcus Smart, Oklahoma St., Fr.
– The Magic need to get younger at guard and Smart is the next best guard available besides McLemore. I previously had Nerlens Noel here but they already have Vucevic and Nicholson.
3) Phoenix Suns- PF Cody Zeller, Indiana, So.
- I thought about going with Alex Len here but he is too much of a potential pick. You at least know what you will be getting with Zeller here.
4) Cleveland Cavaliers- PF Nerlens Noel, Kentucky, Fr.
– The Cavs won't get scared off by the injury here and will just take the best player on the board.
5) Detroit Pistons- PF Anthony Bennett, UNLV, Fr.
– Bennett has a ton of potential and could be one of the offensive stars from this draft.. Adding him to a young up-and-coming Pistons team makes a lot of sense.
6) New Orleans- SF Otto Porter, Georgetown, So.
– They need to keep adding young playmakers as they rebuild this roster. Porter gives them a nice wing player to be an offensive force.
7) Sacramento Kings- SF Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA, Fr.
-Mumhammad would be another great young piece to this very talented young Kings team. This would be a huge pick up for the Kings.
8) Washington Wizards- C Alex Len, Maryland, So.
-The Wizards could use a good young center to team up with Wall and Beal going forward.
9)Minnesota Timberwolves- SG Victor Oladipo, Indiana, Jr.
– Oladipo has been climbing up draft boards as of late. He would be a great guard to compliment Rubio and that would make this young team that much more dangerous in years to come.
10) Oklahoma City Thunder- C Isaiah Austin, Baylor, Fr.
-The Thunder need to draft a big man. This is a safe pick for them in that regard. Austin is young and can easily be their big man for the future.
11) Philadelphia 76ers – C Willie Cauley-Stein, Kentucky, Fr.
– The Sixers need some depth in the front court and Cauley-Stein would be a nice pick-up.
12) Portland Trailblazers- PG Trey Burke, Michigan, So.
– The Trailblazers could go for value here and Burke would be a good choice.
13)Dallas Mavericks- PG Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse, So.
– I like this pick a lot for the Mavericks. They need to get younger and adding a smart player like Carter-Williams could really help lead this offense for years to come.
14) Utah Jazz- PF Mason Plumlee, Duke, Sr.
– The Jazz will need to make some decisions in their front court soon so adding depth here is key.
15)Milwaukee Bucks – SF James McAdoo, UNC, So.
– McAdoo will immediately be able to fit in with this team because he is unselfish and athletic. I can also see them going guard (with the potential of losing Ellis or Jennings) here but McAdoo may be too good to pass up here.