Report: RGIII Partially Tears ACL and LCL ligaments (4 posts)

Topic tags: RGIII, Washington Redskins
  • Profile picture of Steve Shoup Steve Shoup said 1 year, 9 months ago:

The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/01/07/robert-griffin-iii-has-partial-tears-of-acl-and-lcl-mri-suggests/) reports that Robert Griffin has partially torn two ligaments in his right knee and will get further evaluation from James Andrews in the coming days. Though this is not the worst possible outcome (full reconstruction), it does keep it as an option depending on how the tests go. What is clear is that Griffin will miss at least the offseason program, and potentially could miss significant time next season.

• Profile picture of Rob Yunich Rob Yunich said 1 year, 9 months ago:

They better hope he can recover fully and that he’s not rushed back, because we all know what could happen otherwise…

• Profile picture of Gary Struble Gary Struble said 1 year, 9 months ago:

I truly hope Griffin will recover fully and go on to have a HOF career but it this is Washington and our history with QB’s has been horrific. I said this when we drafted and I regret it now and hope I am really wrong but the Redskins have been career killers for QB’s over the years, I really hope this is not the case this time.
    Hail to the Redskins and long careers to Griffin and Cousins…

• Profile picture of Megan Shoup Megan Shoup said 1 year, 9 months ago:

I’m nervous! Fingers crossed…the waiting stinks!