Matt Barkley Won’t throw at Combine (3 posts)

Topic tags: Matt Barkley, NFL Draft, USC
  • Profile picture of Steve Shoup Steve Shoup said 1 year, 8 months ago:

After multiple reports saying that he would be throwing at the combine it has come out that Matt Barkley will not be throwing this Sunday with the other quarterbacks. Barkley is still recovering from a shoulder injury so it is understandable, but this does really hurt his chance of going as high since teams will only have one workout with him.

• Profile picture of Matt Pearce Matt Pearce said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I think it could help or hurt him. It could help him if other QBs do bad and Barkley does well at his Pro Day (who doesn’t). It could hurt him because lots of people won’t be able to throw multiple times for teams and it shows his shoulder is still injured a little. He doesn’t have the chance to wow people at the combine but, he also doesn’t have the chance to disappoint.

• Profile picture of Steve Shoup Steve Shoup said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Yeah I don’t think it will hurt him too much, but if guys like Glennon, Manuel and Wilson (who all had good Senior Bowl weeks) look great, Barkley will lose some ground. I know some other QB’s have good receivers (esp. Geno Smith), but Barkley to me needs to show how he throws when it is not Marquise Lee and Robert Woods catching the ball (and Woods will obviously be at the Pro Day). That to me is the question that teams should want answered.