Shannon Sharpe Rips into Belichick (9 posts)

• Profile picture of Jason Unger Jason Unger said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Not trying to kick the Pats while they’re down (and I’m biased as a Ravens fan), but there’s something to be said for Shannon Sharpe ripping into Belichick last night for not doing a post-game interview as the losing coach. There’s just something holier than thou about the way the Pats are – especially Belichick – and it definitely comes off as a sore loser.

I can’t stand the CBS football coverage, but I thought this was a great moment in their broadcast last night.

• Profile picture of Megan Shoup Megan Shoup said 1 year, 9 months ago:

I saw that last night and I agree with Sharpe. I did think Brady’s press conference was very humble and professional. But for as an amazing as coach as Hoodie is, this is a cloud you’ll always remember from his career…that he’s a sore loser.

• Profile picture of Steve Shoup Steve Shoup said 1 year, 9 months ago:

It amazes me just how classless Belicheck is, I mean for a guy who’s been around the game his entire life you would have thought he’d learn something about sportsmanship.

• Profile picture of John Manuel John Manuel said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Well done by Sharpe. Belicheck is a weird dude. Far from surprised by his actions. And great clock management at the end of the half

• Profile picture of Charlie Charlie said 1 year, 9 months ago:

what is up with belichecks outfit last night?? hes like the frumpiest man i’ve ever seen

Charlie that was going to be my comment…

• Profile picture of Jason Unger Jason Unger said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Former Ravens coach (and Shannon Sharpe’s former coach, too) Brian Billick believes we’re making too big of a deal out of this, and that Belichick is who he is and we shouldn’t get worked up about it.

I disagree, but watch his video anyway.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/coach-speak?vid=489b74ee-9380-414c-b7bd-ea341c31b922

• Profile picture of Shane Powers Shane Powers said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Let’s be honest…if we want to talk about being “classless”, Terrell Suggs’ behavior post-game is the definition of classless. Name another instance in the last decade(in any sport) where you can remember a player in a championship game doing similar? And after they won?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1495219-terrell-suggs-classless-postgame-comments-will-come-back-to-haunt-him

Maybe this thread should have gone in the Ravens forum…

Yeah what Suggs said was pretty bad, but I do hold coaches to a hire standard. They are paid in part to be above the fray and represent their organization.