Do you believe Anquan Boldin would retire if he’s released by the Ravens? (6 posts)

Topic tags: Anquan Boldin, Baltimore Ravens
  • Profile picture of Steve Shoup Steve Shoup said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Anquan Boldin has said that if released by the Ravens he would retire rather than play for anyone else? Do you believe the threat and do you think the Ravens will cut Boldin?

• Profile picture of Megan Shoup Megan Shoup said 1 year, 2 months ago:

That does seem shocking?! Though he would go out on top! How old is he?

• Profile picture of Anthony Anthony said 1 year, 2 months ago:

It did strike me as strange, especially given the fact that he got traded to us in 2010, after spending many years with the Cardinals. I’m not sure why he would say this, unless it were true, since it kind of kills your bargaining power. Come to think of it, I’m not sure why you would say it regardless; I love his loyalty but I’m not sure if the money-savvy Ravens will show the same loyalty towards him.

• Profile picture of Anthony Anthony said 1 year, 2 months ago:

He also might realize that he won’t find another team that is willing to pay the $6 million that he is due. This could mean that he is willing to take a pay cut to keep playing, and was smart about how to do it. This way, he looks like a hero and can stay with the Ravens, rather than looking like, say, a Randy Moss (greatest wide receiver ever, if you ignore how well he payed for most of his years in the league).

• Profile picture of Steve Shoup Steve Shoup said 1 year, 2 months ago:

my guess is the Ravens extend him like 2-3 years and spread some of this money out until then. But I do think after that playoff performance the Ravens can’t cut him and think they can play hardball with him. Other teams would be highly interested in him if Boldin were willing to leave.

• Profile picture of beltwayboysports beltwayboysports said 1 year, 2 months ago:

I think the Ravens will get something done with Boldin. He was a big contributor to their great postseason run and still has a few more years of good football left in him in my opinion.