A Deeper look into the Ray Lewis story (11 posts)

• Profile picture of Steve Shoup Steve Shoup said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Well that made Media Day a whole lot more interesting! So what do you make of all this? Win or lose, how does this affect Lewis’ legacy?

• Profile picture of Anthony Anthony said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I say it won’t, unless some shred of evidence is produced. It will give Patriots fans something to whine about though.

• Profile picture of John Manuel John Manuel said 1 year, 8 months ago:

The SWATS dude seems to have pretty good evidence Lewis got the Deer Antler junk from him. Lewis is being pretty strong that he didn’t get it. Either Ross faked a bunch of evidence or Lewis is lying Lance style.

I think it could really affect Lewis’s legacy if the Ravens were to lose. Because at that point a lot of people will come out about how he put himself above the team.

So far, the SWATS guy has just said that he has recordings of conversations, as far as I know. If he could produce these recordings, then we might be in trouble.

• Profile picture of Jason Unger Jason Unger said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Yeah – the guy should just come forward if he has recordings. Play them. Let’s hear them.

The only reason not to is to get paid off, and that makes you seem way more suspect.

Agreed. I think the simplest explanation in this case, and what I think is happening, is that they SWATS guy saw an opportunity to get a TON of free advertising for his product. I believe saying he had evidence gave the story all the initial credence it needed, and by that time, his product is already all over the news and he got his way. Unfortunately, for him to get in trouble, you would have to prove that he knew what he was saying was false, which is next to impossible: “Man, I really thought I had those recordings. Whoops.”

• Profile picture of Jason Unger Jason Unger said 1 year, 8 months ago:

There’s an assumption of guilty until proven innocent these days – and while I understand that with guys like Lance Armstrong being such ridiculous liars – this is a pretty simple case.

If the guy has recordings, he should play them. End of story.

• Profile picture of beltwayboysports beltwayboysports said 1 year, 8 months ago:

The Super Bowl has become all about Ray Lewis, what a smack in the face to his teammates!

They do have tape on Lewis making that phone call, so it isn’t like there isn’t evidence. And the fact that Lewis is refusing to comment on it, makes people believe he’s hiding something.

I think the saddest thing about this is we should remember that Art Modell died before the season and the team dedicated this year to his memory. They have the chance to honor him in the greatest way possible, yet even before this more of the focus was on Lewis. I get that Lewis has meant a lot to the franchise and city, but the time of reflection should be after the SB not during this week.

• Profile picture of Parks Smith Parks Smith said 1 year, 8 months ago:

“There’s an assumption of guilty until proven innocent these days”

As there should be for cases like this. It’s hard to name an athlete that was accused of using PEDs and was proven innocent.