Week 11 Power Rankings:
November 16, 2011 in Uncategorized
1. Green Bay Packers- All they do is win. Seriously the Packers are playing incredible right now and no one seems to have an answer for them.
2. San Francisco 49ers- The 49ers are playing just fantastic football right now. They won a big matchup with the Giants and with 5 more games on their schedule against their division they will easily get 11 or 12 wins this season (if not more).
3. Pittsburgh Steelers- The Steelers won a big game against the Bengals, and while it doesn't completely wash away the defeat by the Ravens, it keeps them atop the AFC North.
4. New England Patriots- The Pats won a big game on the road vs the Jets and answered questions about them having a potential collapse. They are now in sole possession of 1st place and are well on their way to another strong finish.
5. New Orleans Saints- The Saints have rebounded from their embarrassing loss a couple weeks ago against the Rams, and won a big game against the Falcons. They did allow Atlanta back in the game, but overall it was a huge win for them.
6. Chicago Bears- Boy did the Bears turn around their season. That defense is looking more and more like the Monsters of the Midway, and Matt Forte is skyrocketing his price tag. Also, why do teams even try to kick the ball to Devin Hester??
7. New York Giants- The Giants lost a tough one in San Francisco, but overall they look to be a very dangerous team going forward. They have some more tough games ahead, but overall I like their odds.
8. Baltimore Ravens- The Ravens somehow find a way to beat the top teams (Texans, Jets, Steelers x2) but lose to the lesser teams, Jags, Seahawks and Titans. That just isn't the mark of a SB caliber team, and they need to figure it out before playoff time.
9. Houston Texans- Wow, what a body blow Matt Schaub's injury is. If he was still healthy I was considering putting them in the top 5 since Andre Johnson will be back soon, now they it will be tough to hang on to a playoff spot.
10. Detroit Lions- The Lions haven't been the same the last few weeks, and they need to find a way to better protect Matt Stafford. Their playoff hopes are still alive, but they look a lot worse than a couple weeks ago.
11. Cincinnati Bengals- The Bengals did lose against the Steelers on Sunday, but I give them major credit for keeping the game close, and showing that they are a threat in the AFC North.
12. Dallas Cowboys- The Cowboys are playing good football of late, and they should be getting healthier in the next week or two. Their playoff hopes are still very much alive as they've already faced most of the hard teams on their schedule.
13. New York Jets- The Jets had a chance to finally show that they can beat the Patriots and ascend to the top of the AFC East. Unfortunately despite being at home they were just completely outplayed.
14. Atlanta Falcons- The Falcons had been on a roll of late, but head coach Mike Smith's decision to go for it in overtime could end up costing them a playoff spot. Especially with the Cowboys, and Bears both winning.
15. Oakland Raiders- The Raiders have gotten better each week with Carson Palmer, and while it's been painful at times I think they are turning the corner and can take the division.
16. Buffalo Bills- The Bills have started to fall off, but I still believe there is talent there to keep them relevant this season.
17. San Diego Chargers- San Diego apparently doesn't want to go to the Playoffs as they have now dropped two straight divisional games and three straight games overall.
18. Tennessee Titans- Boy the Titans are in an interesting position. They are by no means a true 'playoff' team, but with the Colts and Jags out of it, and now the Texans without Matt Schaub, they have a chance to take the automatic spot in the South.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- The Bucs haven't looked as good the past few weeks, and need to start finding some offensive consistency. They haven't been able to run the ball too well, which has put a lot of pressure on their passing attack.
20. Philadelphia Eagles- Boy the Eagles are just beating themselves up. How do you lose a 'must win' game at home to the Arizona Cardinals and their backup QB? Philly is hurting right now and it looks like they will be under new management next year.
21. Denver Broncos- The Broncos are winning of late, but they just aren't passing. They threw the ball 8 times last Sunday (only completing two of them). While they were able to win, it cost Denver as Willis McGahee is banged up and Knowshon Moreno is out for the year. Can they really keep up an option offense when they don't have the running backs to do so?
22. Kansas City Chiefs- Just when you think things can't get any worse for KC, Matt Cassel is now likely out for the year, meaning Tyler Palko will take over as the starter. With the way they have been playing and the QB change, I'll be shocked if they win another game this year.
23. Seattle Seahawks- Seattle picked up a huge win at home versus the Ravens, and played some of their best football of the year. They still need to upgrade a few positions, but they do have some interesting talent on that team.
24. Jacksonville Jaguars- The Jags picked up their 3rd win, but since it was against the Colts it isn't too impressive. That being said, they got their ground game going and continued to play quality defense.
25. Cleveland Browns- The Browns are pretty stagnant right now and they need to find a rhythm on offense. Part of the issue is their running backs being injured, but overall they need to just add more stable talent.
26. Minnesota Vikings- It's really just not fair playing the Packers in Green Bay right now. The Vikings had shown some promise of late, but that was just a bad game through an through. I still like the upside of Ponder and the team, but they can't compete with the big boys.
27. Arizona Cardinals- The Cards have played much better these last few weeks, and won a shocker on the road against the Eagles. Arizona is still a bad team overall, but the fact that they were able to pull that win off gives them some signs of hope going forward.
28. Carolina Panthers- The Panthers and Cam Newton looked very human in their match-up vs Tennessee, and they showed that they have a ways to go before becoming a contender again. They are on the right track, but need to get more help on defense.
29. Miami Dolphins- The Dolphins got their 2nd win, and broke a year long home losing streak, by knocking off the Redskins. It wasn't the prettiest of games, but the Dolphins ended up with the 'W'.
30. Washington Redskins- Things just keep getting worse for the Redskins, not only do they drop a game to the Miami Dolpins, but they also lose promising young receiver Leonard Hankerson for the season. The Redskins offense has been plagued with injuries, but in reality they are just poorly built. With a poor offensive line, quarterback play, and mismanagement in the running game, they don't really have a chance to even win games.
31. St. Louis Rams- The Rams have looked a better in recent weeks (despite having Bradford out for a couple of them), they could win another game or two in their division, but it is still a long season for them. It is clear though that resigning Brandon Lloyd is a top priority this offseason.
32. Indianapolis Colts- The Colts can't even manage a win vs another really bad team with horrible QB (the Jags). They really could end up losing every game this year, but on the plus side Andrew Luck could be their savior.